This is a beautiful story about art history, religion and getting along. A German abbey hired legend Gerhard Richter to design new stain glass windows for the abbey. Stain glass is a very old art form and combining it with a contemporary legend’s design was bound to result in a beautiful, inspiring religious experience. It gets better. The abbey reached out to Mahbuba Maqsoodi a Muslim artist, to design more stained glass windows for the abbey. What a beautiful gesture, a Muslim artist, a living legend, both working in an old tradition to make a church more inspiring. I can’t wait to visit the abbey. Read more here.
- Miami Herald | Vandals’ hateful act will not destroy our commitment to unity and artistic expression
- New York Times Highlights Species Diversity
- Ecotourism and Saving the Piney River
- The Environment and the Economy Can Help Each Other Out
- The Tennessean | Tennessee’s rural communities need support with environmental development